Project manager specialising in knowledge management and information technology solutions for international development and environmental information applications. Experienced as a manager, communicator, and educator in the public, private, and NGO sectors.
Manager of the GSDRC, a knowledge management centre that provides rapid-response research to major international development agencies to support policy development and project implementation. Teaches Knowledge Management and e-Governance.
Knowledge manager for the Learning Network on Capacity Development, an international network sharing experience and lessons on capacity development.
Lecturer in development management at the University of Agder Centre for Development Studies.
Prior experience includes:
- Manager, information services unit, GRID-Arendal, United Nations Environment Programme (environmental information centre, Norway)
- Web and database developer, CUSO / Fundación Acceso (capacity-building NGO, Costa Rica)
- Director, manager, and workshop facilitator, The Global Change Game (environment and development education NGO, Canada)
- Director and Vice-president Publishing, Internet Solutions, Inc. (Internet service provider and web site publishing company, Canada)
- Proprietor, Lucas Internet (web site publishing business, Canada)