As well as our postgraduate degrees we offer short courses designed to develop the skills and knowledge of professional people.
If you are an employer looking for a course for your employees, or an individual investing in your own personal development, we offer a diverse range of courses and pathways of study and development. All of our courses are designed to reflect work-based practice, while also benefiting from the internationally significant research that is inherent in our strong academic knowledge base.
INLOGOV is launching an exciting range of five day short courses to compliment and expand our existing portfolio. Future five day short courses include developments around Community Leadership, Organisational Leadership and Public Policy Research Methods.
Latest accredited short courses
- Monday 23rd September - Tuesday 29th October 2013
- Accredited five day programme - This course has grown out of INLOGOV's longstanding experience of research and development programmes for officers, board members and politicians involved in strategic commissioning across a wide range of public service organisations. It examines the strengths and limitations of models of commissioning across levels of government, as well as in specific service sectors.
- Monday 30th September - Wednesday 2nd October 2013
- This three day programme works through the stages and techniques of the scrutiny process, and the ways in which it may be used both to hold executives to account and to develop policy. It may be used as an induction and training in the principles of good scrutiny for those who are new or relatively new to the topic (including an update on issues for scrutiny raised by new legislation and the Coalition's approach to local government). It will also assist those with experience of scrutiny to develop their skills and improve their practice.
- Monday 30th September - Friday 4th October 2013
- Accredited five day programme - Social care services for both adults and children and families face radical and sustained challenges. Accordingly, this one-week intensive residential programme has been designed to bring together commissioning and contracting staff from across the UK to develop and refine their knowledge and skills in partnership with academic staff and leading visiting speakers, including practitioners at the forefront of developments.
- Wednesday 6th - Friday 8th November 2013
- Accredited short course (accreditation is subject to University approval) - This programme is designed for those involved or interested in scrutiny in local government, but the material covered here, i.e. applied research techniques for policy analysts, is extremely relevant to policy analysts, or those aspiring to become policy analysts, interested in learning about practical research and information gathering techniques.
Contact Jeevan Shoker: +44 (0)121 414 4980, email: firstname.lastname@example.org