As well as our postgraduate degrees we offer short courses designed to develop the skills and knowledge of professional people.
If you are an employer looking for a course for your employees, or an individual investing in your own personal development, we offer a diverse range of courses and pathways of study and development. All of our courses are designed to reflect work-based practice, while also benefiting from the internationally significant research that is inherent in our strong academic knowledge base.
INLOGOV is launching an exciting range of five day short courses to compliment and expand our existing portfolio. Future five day short courses include developments around Community Leadership, Organisational Leadership and Public Policy Research Methods.
Latest accredited short courses
- Monday 29th September 2014
- 29, 30 September and 01 October 2014 and 27, 28 October 2014. This Executive Programme in Strategic Commissioning focuses directly on the current challenge of coping with public service funding cuts at a time of rising service needs and expectations.
- Monday 6th - Wednesday 8th October 2014
- This three day programme works through the stages and techniques of the scrutiny process, and the ways in which it may be used both to hold executives to account and to develop policy. It may be used as an induction and training in the principles of good scrutiny for those who are new or relatively new to the topic (including an update on issues for scrutiny raised by new legislation and the Coalition's approach to local government). It will also assist those with experience of scrutiny to develop their skills and improve their practice.
- Wednesday 19th - Friday 21st November 2014
- This programme is designed for those involved or interested in scrutiny in local government. Learn more about applied research techniques, policy analysis along with practical information gathering techniques. Participants who opt to complete an assignment will be awarded for 10 higher education credits at postgraduate level upon successful completion.
- Tuesday 3rd March 2015
- 03, 04 and 05 March and 28, 29 April 2014. This Executive Programme in Strategic Commissioning focuses directly on the current challenge of coping with public service funding cuts at a time of rising service needs and expectations.
Contact Jeevan Shoker: +44 (0)121 414 4980, email: firstname.lastname@example.org