As well as our postgraduate degrees we offer short courses designed to develop the skills and knowledge of professional people.
If you are an employer looking for a course for your employees, or an individual investing in your own personal development, we offer a diverse range of courses and pathways of study and development. All of our courses are designed to reflect work-based practice, while also benefiting from the internationally significant research that is inherent in our strong academic knowledge base.
INLOGOV is launching an exciting range of five day short courses to compliment and expand our existing portfolio. Future five day short courses include developments around Community Leadership, Organisational Leadership and Public Policy Research Methods.
Latest accredited short courses
- Thursday 12th December 2013
- 12, 13 December 2013 and 16, 17 January 2014. Everyone in the public sector needs to understand why successful collaboration is crucial to success in transformation, costreduction and improved outcomes. But it isn't easy. Each partner will have a different culture and different imperatives and you need to understand what drives them before you can work in partnership effectively. How can you harness the benefits and avoid the pitfalls of collaboration? This module gives you the tools to develop genuinely collaborative strategies, so that your partnerships deliver better outcomes at lower cost.
- Monday 3rd March 2014
- 03, 04 and 05 March and 28, 29 April 2014. This Executive Programme in Strategic Commissioning focuses directly on the current challenge of coping with public service funding cuts at a time of rising service needs and expectations.
- Thursday 6th March 2014
- 06, 07 March and 03, 04 April 2014. The days of measuring success merely by activity have long gone. Performance management has never been more complex or challenging, whether it's 'payment by results' or service level agreements. How can you be sure that resources are focused where they will deliver the best outcomes? How can you manage the performance of in-house or external services to ensure the right things happen at the right time to deliver better outcomes?
- Thursday 15th May 2014
- This programme will give you a firm grounding in the theories of leadership and management in the context of a fast-changing public sector. You will learn new ways of looking at old problems and gain invaluable insights from the experience of successful leaders.
Contact Jeevan Shoker: +44 (0)121 414 4980, email: firstname.lastname@example.org