Keep up to date with the latest news and events from around the department and the wide-ranging projects our staff and students get involved with. More events throughout the School of Government and Society.
INLOGOV offers a wide range of events including Five day accredited short courses and One day seminars.
- Monday 6th July 2015 (09:30:00-16:30:00)
- Edgbaston Campus, University of Birmingham
- This seminar is designed for both councillors and officers to identify the salient issues and learn of good practice from other authorities.
- Monday 5th October 2015 (00:00:00)
- Edgbaston Campus
- 05-07 October, 02, 03 November 2015. This Executive Programme in Strategic Commissioning focuses directly on the current challenge of coping with public service funding cuts at a time of rising service needs and expectations.
- Wednesday 4th November 2015 (09:30:00-16:30:00)
- This three day programme works through the stages and techniques of the scrutiny process, and the ways in which it may be used both to hold executives to account and to develop policy. It may be used as an induction and training in the principles of good scrutiny for those who are new or relatively new to the topic (including an update on issues for scrutiny raised by new legislation and the Coalition's approach to local government). It will also assist those with experience of scrutiny to develop their skills and improve their practice.