Diploma in Executive Coaching and Mentoring ILM
MBA, Leeds University
LLB, London School of Economics
Catherine provides consultancy and facilitation to local authorities and their partners, on a wide range of issues including on improving outcomes, efficiency, partnership working, strategic planning and organisational development, including integration of services and functions.
She joined INLOGOV from OPM, where she was Director of Organisational Development and Policy. Previous roles include Head of User Focus and Deputy Head of Policy for the Audit Commission and Regional Partnerships and Planning Manager for the Legal Services Commission.
Previous non-executive roles include non-executive director of Rampton Hospital, Vice Chair of Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust and member of the Board of Visitors at HMP Hull.
Teaching on INLOGOV’s postgraduate and executive programmes with a focus on efficiency, partnerships, strategic commissioning and community engagement
- Achieving efficiency in public services through tracking inputs to outcomes, process and service redesign and by changing the relationship between users and services.
- Organisational design and development, especially integration of functions and organisations and the development of shared services.
- Coaching leaders and top teams to support personal development and ability to lead in challenging times.
- Leadership and management development, especially managing difficult relationships and leadership in partnerships.
- Managing the interface between health and local government, particularly joint commissioning, integration of public health and development of Health and Wellbeing Boards.
- Innovation, including using whole systems approaches to understand and resolve complex problems in public service design and delivery and to reduce waste and improve outcomes.
- Engagement with users and communities, including a spectrum of activity from giving information to involving users and communities in the co-production of outcomes.
Current and recent projects
- ‘Leeds Castle’ Leadership Programme for Leaders and Chief Executives for LGA 2012 and 2013
- National Graduate Development Programme for LGA 2012 and 2013
- ‘Delivering the Future Council’ – major redesign programmes for local authorities for Birmingham City Council, Swindon and Solihull 2012 and 2013
- Financial Review of Birmingham City Council 2012
- Research project on collaboration, shared management and operations between local authorities
- Developing a new model of public services focusing on demand management, behaviour change and co-production
- Organisational development, including process, service and organisational redesign
- Team development with senior managers and partnerships
The World Will be Your Oyster: Reflections on the Localism Act www.inlogov.ac.uk
INLOGOV Briefing: Health and Wellbeing Boards www.inlogov.ac.uk
LEPs: without trust there will be no progress, LGC, 2nd December 2010, p. 20
LEPs: business led? LGCPlus, November 2010
Efficiency: a public service briefing, 2010
Efficiency: buy, do and change, 2010 www.opm.co.uk
Integrating Councils and PCTs: a discussion paper www.opm.co.u