If you are an employer looking for a course for your employees, or an individual investing in your own personal development, we offer a diverse range of courses and pathways of study and development. All of our CPD courses are designed to reflect work-based practice, while also benefiting from the internationally significant research that is inherent in our strong academic knowledge base.
INLOGOV offers a wide range of events including Five day accredited short courses and One day seminars.
INLOGOV Seminar programme
INLOGOV offers a range of topical seminars on campus, which can also be run in-house for one or a group of local authorities. More information about our Seminar programme.
- Friday 4th November 2016
- Edgbaston Campus
- This event will be a great benefit to officers who support the scrutiny function either solely or in part. It may also interest elected Members involved in overview and scrutiny.
Five day accredited short courses
The department has an exciting range of five day programmes to compliment and expand our existing portfolio. More information about our accredited short courses.
- Monday 26th September 2016
- Edgbaston Campus
- 26-28 September - 31 Oct, 01 Nov 2016. This Executive Programme in Strategic Commissioning focuses directly on the current challenge of coping with public service funding cuts at a time of rising service needs and expectations.
- Wednesday 9th November 2016
- This three day programme works through the stages and techniques of the scrutiny process, and the ways in which it may be used both to hold executives to account and to develop policy. It may be used as an induction and training in the principles of good scrutiny for those who are new or relatively new to the topic (including an update on issues for scrutiny raised by new legislation and the Coalition's approach to local government). It will also assist those with experience of scrutiny to develop their skills and improve their practice.