As many of our prospective students tell us, the only way to really appreciate what Birmingham has to offer, is to come and see it for yourself.
Undergraduate Open Day
Next Undergraduate Open Days:
- Friday 24 and Saturday 25 June 2016
- Saturday 10 September 2016
- Saturday 15 October 2016
To register for one of our June open days, please visit our registration page.
Our Undergraduate Open Days offer you the perfect opportunity to hear first-hand from our current undergraduates and teaching staff about living and learning at Birmingham.
More information about the undergraduate degrees we offer in the School of Government and Society.
View more information about our Undergraduate Open Day.
Postgraduate Open Day
Next postgraduate Open Days:
- Wednesday 23 November 2016 between 12:00 and 18:00
The postgraduate open day gives you the opportunity to talk to our experts and find out more about the wide portfolio of taught and research opportunities available to you at the University of Birmingham. Whatever stage you are at with your career, a visit to the open day will clarify your options and help you plan your next step.
The open day will give you the opportunity to:
- Learn more about our postgraduate study and research opportunities
- Get Information on hundreds of scholarship and funding opportunities
- Meet with current students, course directors and admissions staff
- Visit the Careers Advice Lounge offering one-to-one careers guidance sessions
- Get expert advice through a programme of presentations, seminars and workshops on topics such as changing to a career in law, teacher training, funding, an insiders' guide to PhD study and many more
- Take campus tours
In addition to the Postgraduate Open Day, we also organise monthly guided tours of the campus, as well as a range of online and subject-specific postgraduate recruitment events during the year: Find out about additional upcoming Postgraduate Events.
View more information about our Postgraduate Open Day.
Applicant visit days
Reading through a prospectus is not the same as coming to visit the University in person ‘Invitation only’ applicant visit days are held from November to April when students who have applied to study at Birmingham are invited to a VIP day where you can meet current students, tour our facilities and visit our student accommodation.
More information about our Applicant visit days across the university.
See our Applicant Visit Day page.
Online Chats with our staff and students
What’s it like studying at Birmingham? To help you find out more about the student experience here, we are running a number of online chat sessions for subjects in the department. Current students and staff will be on hand to answer any questions you may have about the degree programme here and the student experience at Birmingham.
More information about our online chats across the School of Government and Society.