The School of Government and Society at the University of Birmingham is committed to the delivery of world-class research in political science and international studies. Established in 2008, the School comprises three Departments: Politics and International Studies (POLSIS); International Development (IDD) and Local Government Studies (INLOGOV).
A series of broad research themes underpin the research activities of the School.
Departments in the School:
Current research projects across the School:
More research projects throughout the school
Latest research news
- Research by IDD academics ranked in top 20 examples of UK research contributing to global development
- Wednesday 30th September 2015
- The Institute for Conflict, Cooperation and Security has published a report of a conference held at the Royal Aeronautical Society on 12 June 2015, which brought together experts from academia, policy, and industry, to discuss the interim findings of a research project on 'The Political Effects of UAVs on Conflict and Cooperation within and between States.'
- Tuesday 22nd September 2015
- Written by Dr Galina Yemelianova. The death of Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah has stirred debate about the future direction of the world's richest Arab state. That direction will be significantly coloured by how his brother and successor, King Salman, approaches Wahhabism – the religious sect that is at once an intrinsic part of the state and its biggest threat.
- Friday 18th September 2015
More research news throughout the School of Government and Society.