University of Birmingham’s nursing academics would like to invite you to join them in the crucial development of our nurse training and research.
Patient's and carers can really help nursing students bring together theory and real life to help them become excellent nurses, making health services better for all of us
We want to welcome service user and carers into our School of Nursing...
- To fulfil the School HaPS (Nursing) belief in the value of service user and carers contributions and the differences their experiences can make to education and research.
- To treat people respectfully and acknowledge the individual uniqueness of people and challenging negative stereotypes and attitudes
- To demonstrate a change in the equilibrium of power towards the service users and cares and to demonstrate open policy and procedures that promote engagement
- To improve health services this will provide a better quality of life for service users and carers
- To value the contributions, experiences and needs of all service users and carers
- To promote the rights of service users and carers to decide how they wish to be involved
- To enhance student nurses learning experience
- To provide student nurses with a new perspective on nursing and healthcare services
- To help developed a strategy and guidelines for staff who involve service users and carers.