The team comprises a core project team and an advisory panel.
The project is made up of three core team members:
Professor Matthew Hilton is the principal investigator on the project and, more broadly, works on Social History. His research focuses on the history of consumer society and on the history of social activism and non-governmental organisations, both in Britain and globally.
Dr Kieran Connell is Lecturer in Contemporary British History at Queens University Belfast. is the project's research fellow. He previously worked at the Open University and the University of Birmingham, where he was a Research Fellow on the CCCS anniversary project. Kieran’s research areas include ‘race’ and immigration in post-war Britain, the inner city, photography, popular culture, cultural studies and the British left.
Chloë Lund is project administrator.
The team meets, when required, with an Advisory panel that provides support and guidance on delivering the project. The group includes:
- Helen Fisher (Archivist, University of Birmingham)
- Lawrence Grossberg (Professor, Department of Communication Studies, University of North Carolina)
- Dave Gunning (Lecturer, Department of English, University of Birmingham)
- Richard Johnson (Former Director of CCCS)
- Maureen McNeill (Professor, Department of Sociology, Lancaster University)