Programme: LLB Bachelor of Laws (1970)
I am fortunate to hold a wide range of interests and my experience at Birmingham certainly helped me in my career.
Wragge & Co:
- Head of Corporate 1983-1991
- Managing Partner 1991-1993
- Senior Partner 1993 – 2003
- Chairman of Birmingham Hippodrome
- Chair of Staffline Recruitment plc.
- Birmingham Hippodrome Theatre Trust, President
- Deputy Lieutenant of the West Midlands
- Glenn Howells Architects, Chairman
- Kemp Hospice, Patron
- Opus Restaurant Limited, Director
- Real Estate Investors Plc, Chairman
- Sense, the national charity for the deafblind, Chair
- SLR Holdings Limited, Chairman
- Staffline Recruitment plc, Director
- TruckEast, Chairman
- White & Black LLP, Chairman
- Worcester Warriors, Director
What has been the highlight of your career (or other personal achievements) to date?
It would probably be the receipt of a number of awards, both as a lawyer (my degree at Birmingham) and for other areas of my life.
I have also been involved in several major appeals during my career including the Hippodrome’s £35 million redevelopment and raising over £2.5 million for Sense, the national charity for the deafblind.
What are your plans for the future?
Take every day as it comes...