Module leader: Dr Marianne Wade
This module presents a theoretical and empirical overview to theories and explanations of offending behaviour, the measurement of criminal activity and victimisation, aspects of the criminal justice process, and legal, official and social responses to crime. The module will encourage a critical appreciation of these important issues. Selected topics are likely to include:
- Measuring crime and victimisation
- Theories of criminal behaviour
- Aspects of the criminal justice process
- Victims and the criminal justice process
- Restorative justice
- Race, ethnicity and crime.