Module leader: Professor Robert Lee
Teaching and assessment (2014): Semester 1, Essay - 6,000 words
The module focuses on the development of modern international environmental law as one of the most challenging legal disciplines.
- Climate Change and the Atmospheric Pollution
- International Trade Law and Environmental Protection
- Interstate Enforcement
- State Responsibility, Treaty Compliance and Dispute Settlement for Environmental Damage
- Human Rights and Environment
- Ecosystems and Biodiversity
- Environmental Risk Assessment (with special emphasis on nuclear safety)
- Energy and the Environment
Methods of assessment
Modules on the LLM programmes will be assessed in one of the following ways. As this website is set up in advance, it is not possible to specify which method of assessment will be implemented for each module.
- One 3-hour written examination
If you'd like to find out how a module will be assessed in the forthcoming academic year please contact the LLM Programmes Administrator at Law-LLM@contacts.bham.ac.uk.