- Credits 20
- Semester 1 and 2
- Codes M213 09 18388
- Status Optional, but must have passed Beginners’ Basque
- Not open to students already taking 3 languages
- Teaching methods 3 language classes per week
The module uses the communicative functions methodological approach and provides a continuation of the Basque language and culture for those students who took Beginners’ Basque.
By the end of the module the student should be able to:
- produce grammatically accurate short texts in Basque
- interact with speakers of Basque at a basic level while employing a variety of complex cases and tenses
- understand a range of basic written and oral texts in Basque
- understand a range of cases and the difference between them
- Oral exam: 30%
- Coursework: 30%
- 3 hour exam: 40%
Language Material available from the Central Library and the Media and Language Resource Centre.
Contemporary journalistic and literary texts provided by the teacher.
Ira Ortigosa Pascual