Italian Studies at Birmingham is large and long-established, with world-class research. It is part of the Department of Modern Languages.
- One of the biggest, and most vibrant, postgraduate communities in the UK for Italian Studies.
- Supervision and teaching by international scholars with wide-ranging expertise, especially in cultural, political, cinema, and literary studies.
- Effective support provided to postgraduate researchers by the Department and University:
- PhD progress vivas each year to prepare for the final viva.
- A yearly pg symposium with the University of Warwick where pg researchers present their work and get essential feedback.TNA meetings to discuss training needs and give advice on career progression.
- Regular School pg forums (currently organised by members of Italian Studies)
- Individual advice on making funding applications
All of our postgraduate students become part of the College of Arts and Law Graduate School. Visit the website to find out more about its vibrant research community and top class facilities, as well as funding and scholarship opportunities.