Welcome to your Mathematics Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Mathematics and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
All alumni are welcome to attend the seminars organised in the School of Mathematics, and the Pure Mathematics Colloquium may be of particular interest as it is accessible to a general mathematical audience.
- The Travelling Salesman Problem (TSP) has baffled mathematicians for more than 50 years. But two of our young professors, Daniela Kühn and Deryk Osthus, have made a major step towards it: they have 'half-solved' it.
- Puzzle based learning system
- Maths students experience Coniston for the first time
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Richard Maddams
- Business Performance Manager, BBC (BSc Hons Mathematics 2007)
- Simon Goodwin
- Senior Lecturer in Pure Mathematics, University of Birmingham (PhD in Mathematics 2005)
- Joe Skilton
- Managing Consultant, Berkeley Research Group (MSci Mathematical Sciences - First Class Honours 2007)
- Satnam Singh Rai
- Actuary, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, BSc Mathematical Sciences (2006)