Welcome to your Mechanical Engineering Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Mechanical Engineering and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
- On Tuesday 24 February 2015 Mike Wright, Executive Director of Jaguar Land Rover, delivered a lecture in the School of Mechanical Engineering on the subject The Automotive Industry: Investing in the Future. He told an audience of students, academics, alumni and business leader that the sector is changing more fundamentally now than at any time since the early days of its inception
- A collaborative team of researchers, led by the University of Birmingham and the National Centre for Nanoscience in Beijing have designed the world's thinnest, tunable, lightweight lenses using graphene material. The originally research paper was published in ACS Photonics on 7 January 2015.
- It's amazing what you can find buried amongst boxes and personal effects of a bygone era. That's just what happened to Alan Cameron when he was clearing out his parents' attic.
- A round-up of new mechanical engineering faculty July - October 2014
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Pooya Parvizi
- International Projects Manager for Business Development , VanGT Inc, Canada (MEng Mechanical Engineering (Automotive) 2012)
- Mahyuddin Ayob
- Project Engineer, United Engineers Malaysia Group Ltd. (MSc Operations Management 2013)
- Jonathan Marshall
- Head of Vehicle Science for the Sahara Force India Formula One Team (MEng & Man Lang DIS (Hons) Mechanical Engineering, Manufacture and Management with French, with Diploma in Industrial Studies 2001)
- Alex Hall
- Lead Engineer, Jaguar Land Rover (MEng Mechanical and Automotive Engineering 2010)
See what some of our alumni say about the School.