Welcome to your Mechanical Engineering Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Mechanical Engineering and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
- A round-up of new mechanical engineering faculty March - July 2014
- The University of Birmingham's Formula Student racing team recently hosted the Chinese Formula Student Champions and collaboration partners Hefei University of Technology (HFUT). HFUT were crowned Champions of the Chinese competition in March and were invited to participate in the UK version of Formula Student by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers. .
- 2014 marked the 17th year of UBRacing and saw the team attend the 16th Formula Student UK competition. Out of 97 competing student teams in the Class 1 events, UBRacing finished with an overall placing of 19th and 6th out of the UK teams! Pippi Hornsby, outgoing Head of Media for UBRacing and new Mechanical Engineering graduate tells us more.
- A round-up of new mechanical engineering faculty November 2013 – March 2014
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Philippa King-Smith
- Business Development Manager BEng, Ardmac Performance Contracting Ltd (Hons) Mechanical Engineering (2001)
- Akaehomen Ibhadode
- Professor of Manufacturing Engineering, University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria and Prize Winner of the 2010 Nigeria Prize for Science, Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering (1987)
See what some of our alumni say about the School.