Welcome to your Mechanical Engineering Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Mechanical Engineering and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
- Birmingham's Formula Student racing team, UBRacing, based in the School of Mechanical Engineering, found an extra gear last year taking a new approach to development by visiting their counterparts at South China University of Technology and Hefei University of Technology.
- The 2013 Autumn Semester has seen Engineers Without Borders Birmingham take up a long-term international development project with Southampton-based Cameroon Catalyst. Since 2009 the group has undertaken yearly design projects that are delivered to the village of Bambouti in Cameroon. In early 2013 they approached EWB Birmingham with the view to expand throughout the UK and Birmingham.
- A round-up of new mechanical engineering faculty July-November 2013.
- Second year mechanical engineering students were invited to visit the Mazak European Technology Centre in November. The purpose of their visit was to enhance Mazak-student involvement through industry placements, machinery loans and Formula Student support to name a few.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Akaehomen Ibhadode
- Professor of Manufacturing Engineering, University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria and Prize Winner of the 2010 Nigeria Prize for Science, Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering (1987)
See what some of our alumni say about the School.