Welcome to your Metallurgy & Materials Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Metallurgy and Materials and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
- Professor Ray Smallman sadly passed away on 25 February 2015. Professor Rex Harris pays tribute by sharing his personal reflections on Professor Smallman's life and his time at Birmingham.
- A round-up of new Metallurgy and Materials faculty November 2014 – February 2015
- NucSoc is the University of Birmingham's undergraduate Nuclear Society. We aim to provide the nuclear student body with academic support and socials throughout their time at Birmingham. Will Moncaster, NucSoc Secretary, tells us more.
- A round-up of new Metallurgy and Materials faculty March - July 2014
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Adam Plank
- Quality Manager Designate, George Dyke Forgemasters
- Mark Hixon
- Managing Director, Consulting Associates Worldwide Limited, BSc Physics (1983); PhD Metallurgy & Materials Science (1987)
- David Haniff
- Director, Pervasive Technology Lab (CIC), Ph.D Augmented Reality, MSc Cognitive Science
- Derek Rhys Atkins
- Professor, Risk Management & Insurance, Cass Business School, Director, Enabl Ed Ltd, Partner, Reputability LLP, PhD Industrial Metallurgy (1971), BSc Industrial Metallurgy (1967)