Welcome to your Metallurgy & Materials Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Metallurgy and Materials and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
- Four Nuclear Engineering students visited Xiamen, China, in June to participate in the Clean Energy Science and Technology Summer School.
- A round-up of new Metallurgy and Materials faculty March - July 2014
- James MacDonald, PhD student in the Advanced Materials and Processing lab, School of Metallurgy and Materials has won the Best Poster Prize at the International Conference on Hot Isostatic Pressing Technology in Stockholm, Sweden, attended by over 170 guests from 21 countries.
- SAFRAN Prize: The University of Birmingham Advanced Materials and Processing laboratory led by Dr Moataz Attallah from the School of Metallurgy and Materials has received recognition for its contribution to the Use of Metal 3D Printing Technology (known as Selective Laser Melting Process) for Hot Section Parts of a Gas Turbine project in partnership with MicroTurbo and MONASH University.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Tim Johnson
- Technical Director, Tetronics Ltd, PhD Metallurgy and Materials (1990), BSc(Hons) Metallurgy and Materials (1987)