Welcome to your Metallurgy & Materials Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Metallurgy and Materials and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
- Following his Inaugural Lecture, Ros Dodd met Professor Hanshan Dong to find out more about the internationally leading Birmingham research addressing the challenges of materials engineering.
- A round-up of new Metallurgy and Materials faculty July-November 2013.
- Want to hear about what the Materials Society are up to this year so far? Hear what the BUMS Presidents Geena Rait and Vicky Hatwell have to say.
- Navdeep-Singh Kahlon, an Engineering Doctoral Researcher in the field of Efficient Fossil Energy Technologies, received the 'Most Outstanding Student' award and 'Member of the Best Group Presentation' at the Carbon Capture and Storage Summer School, held in the National College for Teaching and Leadership and the University of Nottingham.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Adam Plank
- Quality Manager Designate, George Dyke Forgemasters
- Mark Hixon
- Managing Director, Consulting Associates Worldwide Limited, BSc Physics (1983); PhD Metallurgy & Materials Science (1987)
- David Haniff
- Director, Pervasive Technology Lab (CIC), Ph.D Augmented Reality, MSc Cognitive Science
- Derek Rhys Atkins
- Professor, Risk Management & Insurance, Cass Business School, Director, Enabl Ed Ltd, Partner, Reputability LLP, PhD Industrial Metallurgy (1971), BSc Industrial Metallurgy (1967)