Welcome to your Physics and Astronomy Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Physics and Astronomy and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
You are welcome to attend the many seminars and talks held at the School, including the fortnightly colloquia.
- A team led by the University of Birmingham's Dr Tiago Campante has discovered Kepler-444, a solar system 117 light years away from Earth. The system, has five Earth-sized planets and dates back to when the Universe was less than 20 per cent of its current age. The research made headlines around the world.
- Staff and students from the School of Physics and Astronomy will be at Birmingham Cathedral in St Philip's Square tomorrow (20 March 2015) to offer a scientific commentary on the eclipse.
- Professor Martin Freer, Director of the Birmingham Energy Institute, represented the UK and the University of Birmingham at the French Society of Nuclear Energy (SFEN) Convention on Thursday 5 March 2015. The French Society of Nuclear Energy (SFEN) is the French hub of knowledge on nuclear energy, bringing together 3600 professionals, engineers, technicians, teachers, students, industrial sites and French nuclear research organisations.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Chiara Mingarelli
- Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellow, California Institute of Technology (PhD Astrophysics 2014)
- Paul Clarkson
- PhD Candidate in Nanotechnology, University of Cambridge (MSc Nuclear Physics and Reactor Technology 2010, BSc Physics 2009)
- Nicole Cordy
- Trainee Patent Attorney, Barker Brettell LLP (MSci (Hons) Physics with Particle Physics and Cosmology 2013)
- Hannah Vaughan
- Trainee Pilot, British Airways Future Pilot Programme