Welcome to your Physics and Astronomy Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Physics and Astronomy and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
You are welcome to attend the many seminars and talks held at the School, including the fortnightly colloquia.
- The University's 300,000th student will graduate this summer and join our alumni community. To celebrate this occasion we asked staff and students for nominations for our 300,000th alumni and our Top 12 Alumni to watch. Final year Physics student Matt Harrison was one of those and we will be following his journey into graduate life.
- To celebrate National Women in Engineering Day on 23 June British Gas Business held a panel event featuring prominent female engineers. Joanne Adeluola, 1st Year MSci Chemistry student and President of the University's Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) Society, was invited to join and tells us more.
- It's been a busy year for the Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) Society, as they work to provide as many events and opportunities as possible to members across the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences to integrate, form networks and to help inspire the next generation of female scientists and engineers. The committee tell us more.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Chiara Mingarelli
- Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellow, California Institute of Technology (PhD Astrophysics 2014)
- Paul Clarkson
- PhD Candidate in Nanotechnology, University of Cambridge (MSc Nuclear Physics and Reactor Technology 2010, BSc Physics 2009)
- Nicole Cordy
- Trainee Patent Attorney, Barker Brettell LLP (MSci (Hons) Physics with Particle Physics and Cosmology 2013)
- Hannah Vaughan
- Trainee Pilot, British Airways Future Pilot Programme