Welcome to your Physics and Astronomy Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Physics and Astronomy and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
You are welcome to attend the many seminars and talks held at the School, including the fortnightly colloquia.
- The National Physical Laboratory (NPL) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the University of Birmingham that will see scientists from both institutes working collaboratively to develop new and exciting research capabilities. This builds on the active and established strong collaboration between both institutes within the Quantum Technology (QT) space.
- Physics student Daniel Butters took part in the 2014 Telegraph UK STEM Awards, and won in the Construction category. Here he explains why anyone interested in taking part should "just give it a go".
- Birmingham Particle Physics research group successfully completed a pilot run of the NA62 experiment at test facility CERN on Monday 15 December 2014. The experiment is a continuation of the very successful charged and neutral program at CERN which started with NA48.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Paul Clarkson
- PhD Candidate in Nanotechnology, University of Cambridge (MSc Nuclear Physics and Reactor Technology 2010, BSc Physics 2009)
- Nicole Cordy
- Trainee Patent Attorney, Barker Brettell LLP (MSci (Hons) Physics with Particle Physics and Cosmology 2013)
- Hannah Vaughan
- Trainee Pilot, British Airways Future Pilot Programme
- Andy Johns
- Teacher and Head of Year, Dollar Academy