Welcome to your Physics and Astronomy Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Physics and Astronomy and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
You are welcome to attend the many seminars and talks held at the School, including the fortnightly colloquia.
- Investigations performed by members of the nuclear physics group at the MC40 cyclotron in Birmingham have uncovered a resonance at high-energy, the properties of which suggest that the protons and neutrons are clustered into three alpha particles arranged at the vertices of an equilateral triangle. This is the first time such a symmetry has been observed in nuclei and also a significant step into finally revealing the long sought after structure of the Hoyle state – the nuclear gateway for the synthesis of all heavier elements in the stars.
- A round-up of new Physics and Astronomy staff members March - July 2014
- The University of Birmingham Rocketry Society (UBRS) is the newest and most explosive EPS group yet! Dan Luckett, Maths student and Deputy Director-General, tells us more.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Hannah Vaughan
- Trainee Pilot, British Airways Future Pilot Programme
- Andy Johns
- Teacher and Head of Year, Dollar Academy
- Catherine Goode
- Games Designer, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
- Mark Thurston
- Patent Attorney, Barker Brettell LLP, Ph.D. Astrophysics (2000)