Welcome to your Physics and Astronomy Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Physics and Astronomy and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
You are welcome to attend the many seminars and talks held at the School, including the fortnightly colloquia.
- A round-up of new Physics and Astronomy staff members March – June 2015
- NucSoc is the University of Birmingham's undergraduate Nuclear Society. We aim to provide the nuclear student body with academic support and socials throughout their time at Birmingham. The 2014/15 and 2015/16 committees tell us more.
- Professor Andreas Freise and the Gravitational Wave Group have been listening in to the universe's 'gravity channel' - ripples in space-time caused by violent cosmic events such as the explosion of stars or the collision of two black holes to revolutionise our understanding of the universe.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Chiara Mingarelli
- Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellow, California Institute of Technology (PhD Astrophysics 2014)
- Paul Clarkson
- PhD Candidate in Nanotechnology, University of Cambridge (MSc Nuclear Physics and Reactor Technology 2010, BSc Physics 2009)
- Nicole Cordy
- Trainee Patent Attorney, Barker Brettell LLP (MSci (Hons) Physics with Particle Physics and Cosmology 2013)
- Hannah Vaughan
- Trainee Pilot, British Airways Future Pilot Programme