Welcome to your Physics and Astronomy Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Physics and Astronomy and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
You are welcome to attend the many seminars and talks held at the School, including the fortnightly colloquia.
- John Henry Poynting was the first professor of Physics at Mason College, which later became the University of Birmingham. A few months ago his granddaughter Elizabeth (now aged over 90) visited the University, and Dr Robert Whitworth had the pleasure of showing her items relating to her grandfather in the Department that he had founded.
- A round-up of new Physics and Astronomy staff members November 2014 – February 2015
- With the new committee taking up the reigns, the future of AstroSoc looks bright with lots of exciting activities and events for people to get involved with. Outgoing Chair Paul Carter tells us more.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Paul Clarkson
- PhD Candidate in Nanotechnology, University of Cambridge (MSc Nuclear Physics and Reactor Technology 2010, BSc Physics 2009)
- Nicole Cordy
- Trainee Patent Attorney, Barker Brettell LLP (MSci (Hons) Physics with Particle Physics and Cosmology 2013)
- Hannah Vaughan
- Trainee Pilot, British Airways Future Pilot Programme
- Andy Johns
- Teacher and Head of Year, Dollar Academy