Welcome to your Physics and Astronomy Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Physics and Astronomy and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
You are welcome to attend the many seminars and talks held at the School, including the fortnightly colloquia.
- The University of Birmingham Rocketry Society (UBRS) is the newest and most explosive EPS group yet! Dan Luckett, Maths student and Deputy Director-General, tells us more.
- Dr Kostas Nikolopoulos, Birmingham Fellow in the School of Physics and Astronomy, has been elected UK ATLAS Physics coordinator.
- Birmingham students are more satisfied with their teaching and learning than ever before according to The National Student Survey (NSS) – the most comprehensive measure of student satisfaction within higher education. The success was reflected in the College with the majority of the nine Schools seeing an increase in subject satisfaction. Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy and Computer Science saw outstanding results with 98% overall satisfaction.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Catherine Goode
- Games Designer, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
- Mark Thurston
- Patent Attorney, Barker Brettell LLP, Ph.D. Astrophysics (2000)
- Neil Young
- Senior Research Scientist, Department of Materials, University of Oxford, PhD Physics (2007), MSci (Hons) Physics (2004)
- Diana Wardley
- Partner, Forresters, PhD Physics (1986), BSc Physics (1983