Welcome to your Physics and Astronomy Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Physics and Astronomy and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
You are welcome to attend the many seminars and talks held at the School, including the fortnightly colloquia.
- Professor Richard Palmer, Professor of Experimental Physics, discusses his inventions, the spinout companies they've led to, and how you can get help from Alta Innovations to ensure your ideas reach the people who will benefit from them most.
- Former physics student, Stuart Bahn, left Birmingham with a degree in physics. He then decided to move to London to pursue a career as a professional guitarist. Now a successful guitar tutor and business entrepreneur, Stuart has combined his science background with music to launch the first in a series of Android phone apps to help guitar students learn about the fundamentals behind great music, during otherwise 'dead time'.
- A round-up of new Physics and Astronomy staff members in 2013.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Noor M. Butt
- Preston Professor of Nano Science & Technology & Chairman, Preston Institute of Nano Science & Technology, Pakistan, PhD Physics (1969); DSc Physics (1993)
- Michael Coleman
- Retired, PhD Theoretical Neutron Physics (1971); MSc course and Prize Reactor Physics (1969); BSc Physics (1968)