Welcome to your Physics and Astronomy Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Physics and Astronomy and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
You are welcome to attend the many seminars and talks held at the School, including the fortnightly colloquia.
- College Best Publication Award for 'Improved Determination of G Using Two Methods'. Professor Clive Speake and coauthors recently published results of a determination of the value of Newton's constant of gravitation, G (Physics Review Letters 111,101102, 2013).
- A round-up of new Physics and Astronomy staff members July-November 2013.
- The John Yarwood Memorial Medal has been awarded to Richard Palmer, Professor of Experimental Physics and Head of the Nanoscale Physics Research Laboratory (NPRL), by the British Vacuum Council (BVC). The Medal accompanies the Senior Prize of the BVC; previous winners include Sir David King and Sir John Pendry.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Andy Johns
- Teacher and Head of Year, Dollar Academy
- Catherine Goode
- Games Designer, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
- Mark Thurston
- Patent Attorney, Barker Brettell LLP, Ph.D. Astrophysics (2000)
- Neil Young
- Senior Research Scientist, Department of Materials, University of Oxford, PhD Physics (2007), MSci (Hons) Physics (2004)