Welcome to your Physics and Astronomy Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Physics and Astronomy and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
You are welcome to attend the many seminars and talks held at the School, including the fortnightly colloquia.
- Allen Kaye and his classmates from 1972 Physics celebrated 41 years since graduation by hosting a reunion on campus in May 2013.
- In early January AstroSoc teamed up with the BBC to host two large events on campus to supplement this year's broadcast of Stargazing Live. These events were among several organised by the BBC through the country, all aimed at enabling members of the public to take part in stargazing and astronomy for themselves after seeing the television shows.
- Researchers from Birmingham will have access to the most impressive and advanced nuclear physics research facility in the world as the UK has officially become part of a €1.6 billion international project that will be to nuclear physics what CERN is to particle physics.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Mark Thurston
- Patent Attorney, Barker Brettell LLP, Ph.D. Astrophysics (2000)
- Neil Young
- Senior Research Scientist, Department of Materials, University of Oxford, PhD Physics (2007), MSci (Hons) Physics (2004)
- Diana Wardley
- Partner, Forresters, PhD Physics (1986), BSc Physics (1983
- Noor M. Butt
- Preston Professor of Nano Science & Technology & Chairman, Preston Institute of Nano Science & Technology, Pakistan, PhD Physics (1969); DSc Physics (1993)