Welcome to your Physics and Astronomy Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Physics and Astronomy and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
You are welcome to attend the many seminars and talks held at the School, including the fortnightly colloquia.
- Former physics student, Stuart Bahn, left Birmingham with a degree in physics and now uses his technological skills to develop application technology to help aspiring guitarists learn where notes are located on the guitar.
- A round-up of new Physics and Astronomy staff members November 2013 – March 2014
- It's been a busy year for the Poynting Physical Society. Read what Vice-President Ceri Bradshaw and Treasurer Ryan Pepper and have up to.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Neil Young
- Senior Research Scientist, Department of Materials, University of Oxford, PhD Physics (2007), MSci (Hons) Physics (2004)
- Diana Wardley
- Partner, Forresters, PhD Physics (1986), BSc Physics (1983
- Noor M. Butt
- Preston Professor of Nano Science & Technology & Chairman, Preston Institute of Nano Science & Technology, Pakistan, PhD Physics (1969); DSc Physics (1993)
- Michael Coleman
- Retired, PhD Theoretical Neutron Physics (1971); MSc course and Prize Reactor Physics (1969); BSc Physics (1968)