Welcome to your Physics and Astronomy Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Physics and Astronomy and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
You are welcome to attend the many seminars and talks held at the School, including the fortnightly colloquia.
- NucSoc is the University of Birmingham's undergraduate Nuclear Society. We aim to provide the nuclear student body with academic support and socials throughout their time at Birmingham. Will Moncaster, NucSoc Secretary, tells us more.
- After a successful first term for the Poynting Physical Society with demand high for events, the second term has continued in the same fashion as even more "PPS records" have been broken! Vice-President Ceri Bradshaw tells us more.
- The Women in Science and Engineering (WISE) Society are the newest student group to join the EPS Community. They work to provide as many events and opportunities as possible to members across the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences to integrate, form networks and to help inspire the next generation of female scientists and engineers. Annabel Fitzgerald tells us more.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Andy Johns
- Teacher and Head of Year, Dollar Academy
- Catherine Goode
- Games Designer, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
- Mark Thurston
- Patent Attorney, Barker Brettell LLP, Ph.D. Astrophysics (2000)
- Neil Young
- Senior Research Scientist, Department of Materials, University of Oxford, PhD Physics (2007), MSci (Hons) Physics (2004)