Welcome to your Physics and Astronomy Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Physics and Astronomy and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
You are welcome to attend the many seminars and talks held at the School, including the fortnightly colloquia.
- Researchers from Birmingham will have access to the most impressive and advanced nuclear physics research facility in the world as the UK has officially become part of a €1.6 billion international project that will be to nuclear physics what CERN is to particle physics.
- Congratulations to the University of Birmingham Physics and Astronomy Graduates of 2013
- Birmingham Fellow Evgueni Goudzovski, School of Physics and Astronomy, discusses the Higgs Boson, the Standard Model, and his role in the NA62 experiment at CERN. This research really matters!
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Catherine Goode
- Games Designer, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
- Mark Thurston
- Patent Attorney, Barker Brettell LLP, Ph.D. Astrophysics (2000)
- Neil Young
- Senior Research Scientist, Department of Materials, University of Oxford, PhD Physics (2007), MSci (Hons) Physics (2004)
- Diana Wardley
- Partner, Forresters, PhD Physics (1986), BSc Physics (1983