Welcome to your Physics and Astronomy Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Physics and Astronomy and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
You are welcome to attend the many seminars and talks held at the School, including the fortnightly colloquia.
- Professor David Charlton has been elected Fellow of the Royal Society, a fellowship of many of the world's most distinguished scientists and the national Academy of Science in the UK.
- Former physics student, Stuart Bahn, left Birmingham with a degree in physics and now uses his technological skills to develop application technology to help aspiring guitarists learn where notes are located on the guitar.
- It is the stuff of science-fiction movies, but the idea of an 'invisibility cloak' is not as fantastical as it sounds.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Paul Clarkson
- PhD Candidate in Nanotechnology, University of Cambridge (MSc Nuclear Physics and Reactor Technology 2010, BSc Physics 2009)
- Nicole Cordy
- Trainee Patent Attorney, Barker Brettell LLP (MSci (Hons) Physics with Particle Physics and Cosmology 2013)
- Hannah Vaughan
- Trainee Pilot, British Airways Future Pilot Programme
- Andy Johns
- Teacher and Head of Year, Dollar Academy