Welcome to your Physics and Astronomy Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Physics and Astronomy and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
You are welcome to attend the many seminars and talks held at the School, including the fortnightly colloquia.
- In recognition of Ted Darby's leadership in nuclear materials and contribution to marine reactor safety the University of Birmingham has appointed him to an Honorary Visiting Chair in Nuclear Reactor Materials in the School of Metallurgy and Materials.
- A round-up of new Physics and Astronomy staff members March - July 2014
- The University of Birmingham Rocketry Society (UBRS) is the newest and most explosive EPS group yet! Dan Luckett, Maths student and Deputy Director-General, tells us more.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Catherine Goode
- Games Designer, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
- Mark Thurston
- Patent Attorney, Barker Brettell LLP, Ph.D. Astrophysics (2000)
- Neil Young
- Senior Research Scientist, Department of Materials, University of Oxford, PhD Physics (2007), MSci (Hons) Physics (2004)
- Diana Wardley
- Partner, Forresters, PhD Physics (1986), BSc Physics (1983