Welcome to your Physics and Astronomy Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Physics and Astronomy and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
You are welcome to attend the many seminars and talks held at the School, including the fortnightly colloquia.
- The focus of Cristina's current research – which she outlined in her recent Inaugural Lecture, 'Beauty and Strangeness in Particle Physics' – is the study of the behaviour of particles containing the beauty and strange quarks in the LHCb and NA62 experiments at CERN.
- Like paparazzi, we try to capture the most intimate moments of the stellar world's rock stars as they burn brightly and die young – using gravitational waves to observe the black holes they leave behind and discover how they were formed.
- Our artificial intelligence experts and astronomers have joined forces to combine machine learning with astrophysics to detect galaxy clusters billions of light years away.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Chiara Mingarelli
- Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellow, California Institute of Technology (PhD Astrophysics 2014)
- Paul Clarkson
- PhD Candidate in Nanotechnology, University of Cambridge (MSc Nuclear Physics and Reactor Technology 2010, BSc Physics 2009)
- Nicole Cordy
- Trainee Patent Attorney, Barker Brettell LLP (MSci (Hons) Physics with Particle Physics and Cosmology 2013)
- Hannah Vaughan
- Trainee Pilot, British Airways Future Pilot Programme