Welcome to your Physics and Astronomy Community: a network for alumni, students, faculty and friends from the School of Physics and Astronomy and part of the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences Community.
Whether a student, recent graduate or seasoned alumnus, let us know where you are and what you are doing.
EPS Alumni Office
College of Engineering and
University of Birmingham
Connect with us today to keep up to date with the latest news, find old friends or join us at one of our events.
You are welcome to attend the many seminars and talks held at the School, including the fortnightly colloquia.
- The Complete University Guide 2017 league table reveals that Engineering and Physical Sciences subjects at Birmingham continue to perform well with four subjects ranking in the top ten nationally in their category.
- Dr Guy Davies has discovered in his latest paper that the rotation of low-mass stars stops slowing down as they get older.
- Science and Technology News and Views, SATNAV for short, are a student-led bi-annual science magazine published at the University of Birmingham! New to the EPS Community and catering to a wide range of scientific tastes from Psychology to Quantum Physics. Treasurer Cecilia Caffrey tells us more.
There are many ways you can get involved in the School, your relationship with us doesn't end with graduation.
- Chiara Mingarelli
- Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellow, California Institute of Technology (PhD Astrophysics 2014)
- Paul Clarkson
- PhD Candidate in Nanotechnology, University of Cambridge (MSc Nuclear Physics and Reactor Technology 2010, BSc Physics 2009)
- Nicole Cordy
- Trainee Patent Attorney, Barker Brettell LLP (MSci (Hons) Physics with Particle Physics and Cosmology 2013)
- Hannah Vaughan
- Trainee Pilot, British Airways Future Pilot Programme