We organise activities for students and teachers visiting the University and also take activities out into schools and colleges. At a variety of levels, we aim to give insights into current research, explain degree and career options and generally enthuse the next generation to study more Physics!
If you would like more information or would like to chat about involving you or your students in any events, please don't hesitate to contact Lynne Long or Maria Pavlidou, our Schools Liaison Officer - we look forward to making links with you and your school or college!
Talks and Workshops available at your school
These are events that can be delivered and run at your school, on request. Please email Dr Maria Pavlidou for further details.
- Antikythera Mechanism talk & exhibitiion - Booklet that accompanies the talk can be downloaded FREE here (suitable for KS4/5)
- Mini Particle Physics Masterclass (suitable for KS4/5)
- Hot & Cold Talk (suitable for KS2/3)
- Particle Physics for Primary Schools (suitable for KS2/3)
- "Electricity" for Primary Schools (suitable for KS2/3)
- "Light" for Primary Schools (suitable for KS2/3)