'Weight stigma and health: whose problem is it?'
- Life and Environmental Sciences, Research
This conference will cover topics related to weight-associated stigma, including, but not limited to, weight stigma in health professionals, impact of weight stigma on health and wellbeing, stigma in society, public policy implications, legal considerations pertaining to weight-based discrimination, and interventions to reduce weight stigma.
Abstracts for posters/talks are still being submitted and the first deadline will be April 7th for oral presentations and April 23rd for posters.
Key note speakers accepted to present include:
- Dr Lenny Vartanian, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Dr Kerry O’Brien, Monash University , Australia
- Professor Jane Ogden, University of Surrey
- Dr Judy Swift, University of Nottingham
- Dr Lucy Aphramor, Glyndwr University
- Dr Charlotte Cooper
- Dr Phillippa Diedrichs, University of Western England
The conference may also be of interest to second and third-year undergraduate and masters students, who are encouraged to attend to explore future research opportunities in the presence of staff from various schools, disciplines, and locations around the UK and overseas.
Further information and registration/abstract submission details can be obtained from www.stigmaconference.com.
Please contact Angela Meadows or Sara Tookey, School of Psychology for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org