Applications and further details can be obtained from:
Postgraduate Admissions Team
Telephone: 0121 414 2864/2752
For PhD applicants
PhD Studentship in Developmental Psychopathology and Brain Imaging
Applications are invited for a PhD studentship to begin in October 2013. The studentship will cover home/EU tuition fees and a tax-free maintenance grant for 3 years. International Students from outside the EU may also apply, but will be liable for the difference between UK/EU and International (Overseas) tuition fees. Find out more about this PhD studentship (PDF 71KB).
Science without Borders
The Science without Borders programme offers funding for Brazilian postgraduates to study in the UK.
Under the scheme students can study for a PhD in science, technology, engineering or mathematics subjects at a UK university for 3-4 years.
The scholarships cover:
- Full tuition fees
- Bench fees (the maximum amount available for tuition and bench fees combined is £20k per year)
- A generous stipend paid directly to the student
For information on applying visit the Brazilian government’s website.
Brazilian funding agencies no longer provide pre-sessional English courses for PhD students. However students can access a free online English course.
There will be three calls in 2015, covering PhDs that start between July 2015 and July 2016. It is important that students apply to the correct call for their proposed start date.
- Application deadline: 19 December 2014
- Results announced: 15 April 2015
- Start of scholarship: Between July and August 2015
- Application deadline: 23 April 2015
- Results announced: 14 August 2015
- Start of scholarship: Between January and February 2016
- Application deadline: 21 August 2015
- Results announced: 15 December 2015
- Start of scholarship: Between June and July 2016