Birmingham Workshops in Philosophy: Semantics and Pragmatics
- Arts building - lecture room 5
- Arts and Law, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Research
The presentations of this workshop all address the very basic questions of philosophy of language. The workshop is the second event in our department's new Birmingham Workshops in Philosophy series.
- 11am Alex Silk (Birmingham): "Discourse Contextualism: A Framework for Contextualist Semantics and Pragmatics"
- 2pm Stephen Neale (Birmingham, CUNY): “Implicit Reference”
- 4pm Deirdre Wilson (UCL): “Communication and Speaker's Meaning: What's the difference, and does it matter?”
This event is free and open to all. For more information, please Professor Scott Sturgeon (firstname.lastname@example.org).