Public lecture: Al-Ghazali and the construction of reality in Islamic culture
- ERI Building (G3 on the campus map), G52, University of Birmingham
- Arts and Law, Research, Students, Teaching
This is a public lecture and members of the community from outside the University are very welcome to attend.
It will be given by Professor Oliver Leaman.
Professor Leaman teaches philosophy at the Univesity of Kentucy, USA, and has previously worked in the Middle East and Britain. He is also a William Paton Visiting Fellow at the John Hick Centre for Philosophy of Religion at the University of Birmingham in spring 2013.
He has frequently written on Islamic Philosophy and his books include:
- Islamic Philosophy: An Introduction, Polity Press 2009
- Islamic Aesthetics: An Introduction, Edinburgh University Press, 2004
- Introduction to Classical Islamic Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, 2001
- History of Islamic Philosophy (ed. with Nasr), Routledge, 1996
- A Brief Introduction to Islamic Philosophy, Polity Press, 1999