A development programme for GP mental health commissioners
The Alliance for Mental Health Commissioning have designed a training and development programme to meet the particular needs of GP mental health leads and their commissioning colleagues.
Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) are preparing to take responsibility for commissioning mental health services, a complex task with many distinctive features. A bespoke development programme will offer an invaluable induction to the topic for those new to it; focused development opportunities for those already familiar with some aspects of mental health commissioning; and begin the task of creating a network of local colleagiate support.
The programme, led by an expert team from HSMC, University of Birmingham, Mental Health Strategies and Contact Consulting, would be:
- Tailored to participants' individual development needs
- Rick in commissioning expertise
- Knowledgeable about the particular features of mental health and dementia services
- Flexible as the programme progresses
- Supportive and developmental throughout
If you would like to read more about this programme, please read our short paper 'Development programme for GP mental health leads' or contact Robin Miller, email@example.com.