HSMC organises its work in a series of work programmes, each of which has a mix of research, teaching and consultancy. All HSMC staff link to a specific programme, but also work flexibly across these different topics when there are cross-cutting themes and issues.
Details of the current activities within programmes are contained on the relevant pages of this site accessed through the links below.
Each programme has a nominated convenor whose role is to:
- Act as the first point of contact for outside agencies wishing to engage HSMC in work in that area of work
- Ensure that colleagues are fully up to date with developments (policy, practice and theory) in that area
- Offer support and advice to colleagues undertaking projects in the area
- Create and sustain key networks in the area
- Identify and pursue opportunities for teaching, research and development
- Review the range of activity in that area with the Director and programme personnel on an annual basis