Reflecting on the changes in community investment activities which have occurred within the housing sector outlined above and the increasing importance of impact measurement within the sector, this project has five main aims. These are to:
- Establish an up-to-date picture of the use of impact measurement tools by housing associations.
- Determine which activities are being measured and why.
- Identify differences in approach between neighbourhood, project and organisational levels of measurement.
- Question the future direction of impact measurement, and
- Provide information in an accessible form to HEN members and others to help them decide which tools and approaches to use.
Additionally, the project will help to establish longer term research links with organisations who are willing to take part in further research, including the researcher's PhD and further work by TSRC, HACT and HEN on this subject.
Report: Survey report for HACT: Community investment by social housing organisations: measuring the impact
If you would like any further information concerning this research project, please contact:
Professor of Housing Policy
Tel: +44(0)121 414 3348
Sponsor: Housing Associations Charitable Trust (HACT)