Latest news and forthcoming events and seminars from the School of Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation Sciences.
Seminars & Events
- 07/09/2014 (15:30-17:00)
- Lecture Theatre 7, Arts Building, University of Birmingham
- Staff from the School of Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation Sciences will be taking part in the 2014 British Science Festival being held at the University of Birmingham. Our session will combine the School's traditional strengths in Exercise Physiology and Behavioural Medicine to provide the public with an engaging and interactive discussion on how exercise and psychological stress affects their health.
- Exhibitions, Lectures Talks and Workshops, Life and Environmental Sciences, Sport
- A new honours degree aimed at international students eager for a career in the golf industry has been launched by The Professional Golfers' Association (PGA) and the University of Birmingham.
- International sports legacy experts will convene at the University of Birmingham this week to discuss the rationale behind hosting global mega-events and their lasting impact.
- In an interview immediately following the Jamaican victory in the the men's 4x100m relay, Usain Bolt sings the praises of the University of Birmingham and of the sporting facilities which the Jamaican team had access to during the stay here leading up to the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- Professor Kathleen Armour, Professor of Education and Sport and Head of the School of Sport and Exercise Sciences, talks to Ideas Lab about whether the Games can deliver a youth sport participation legacy.
- Gareth Wallis, a lecturer and expert in sports nutrition in the School of Sport and Exercise Science commented in the Guardian newspaper that diet is a key aspect of the of cycling success enjoyed by Bradley Wiggins and his teammates.