Latest news and forthcoming events and seminars from the School of Sport, Exercise and Rehabilitation Sciences.
Seminars & Events
- 30/10/2014 (11:00-16:00)
- ThinkTank Science Museum - Birmingham
- An exciting, interactive event showcasing measures of fatness and fitness, illustrating the importance of fitness in promoting health and wellbeing, and highlighting the public's views on obesity and their motivation to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
- Dr Francois Xavier-Li talks to BBC's David Gregory about the work done with the Jamaican Olympic team ahead of London 2012.
- Experts from the University set out their advice for how to stay healthy during the holiday period and how best to approach exercise and nutrition for a healthy 2013.
- At this time of year newspaper articles will warn of over-indulgence on Christmas day. Experts from the University of Birmingham School of Sport and Exercise Sciences say there is too much focus on the calories consumed during just this one day of the year.
- A new honours degree aimed at international students eager for a career in the golf industry has been launched by The Professional Golfers' Association (PGA) and the University of Birmingham.
- International sports legacy experts will convene at the University of Birmingham this week to discuss the rationale behind hosting global mega-events and their lasting impact.