PhD Title: Evaluation of autonomic function in rheumatoid arthritis
Supervisor: Dr. James P. Fisher, Prof Gregory Lip
Ahmed is currently conducting a PhD in cardiac physiology. He aims to pursue a career in cardiology.
MBBS (Barts and the London Medical School Queen Mary University)
BMedSci Molecular Medicine (Barts and the London Medical School Queen Mary University)
Following graduation from St Barts and the London medical school, Ahmed completed his Core Medical Training and is currently conducting a PhD in autonomic control of blood pressure regulation under the supervision of Dr James Fisher and Prof Gregory Lip.
Autonomic control of blood pressure regulation. Sympathetic nervous system and inflammation. Atrial fibrillation.
Member of Royal College of Physicians UK (2010), General Medical Council, Affiliate Member of Physiological Society.
1. Sympathetic nerve activity during non-sustained ventricular tachycardia in chronic heart failure. International Journal of Cardiology. Available online 22 November 2012.
2. Adlan AM, Lip GYH. Benefit-risk Assessment of Dronedarone in the Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation. Drug Safety.
3. Adlan AM, Shaw C, Cocks M, et al. Heart rate variability following high intensity interval training and endurance training in obese individuals. Proc Physiol Soc.
4. Adlan AMA, Lip GYH. Editorial: Role of the CHADS2 Score in Acute Coronary Syndromes: With or Without Atrial Fibrillation. Chest 2012; 141: 1375-6.
5. Adlan A, Lip GYH. Preventative measures of stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation. Journal of Atrial Fibrillation 2012; 2(10): 1-12.
6. Adlan A, Lip GYH. New Oral Anticoagulants for Stroke Prevention: an Update. Advances in Venous Arterial Thrombosis 2011; 1(3): 96-106.
7. Adlan AM, Prasad SK, Varnava AM. Sarcoidosis presenting as dilated cardiomyopathy. Heart 2011; 97: 1896.
8. Adlan AMA, Brill SE, Saman HT, Evans DJ. Misleading chest radiograph in a case of allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis. Respiratory Medicine CME 2011; 4(4): 196-197.