36 hours per week, includes shift work
Starting salary of £12,352 per annum - 12 month contract - 4 positions
Closing date: Sunday 20th July 2017
Start your career in hospitality at the University of Birmingham
As part of Hospitality and Accomodation Services (HAS), the department offer a wide range of outlets to staff, students and visitors across campus and in our student accommodation. These range from small coffee shops to large restaurants, as well as providing hospitality services for conferences and events held on campus.
Our team is fully committed to delivering excellent customer service. We believe that it is not just about what you do, but the way in which you do it that is vital to our success. At the heart of our team are these commitments:
- Going above and beyond
- Delivering results
- Personal effectiveness
Joining our team means you'll be making a real difference to the student and staff experience at the Universuty. You will learn a variety of skills in this apprenticeship including:
- Excellent customer service
- Providing high quality beverages and food products
- Understanding health and safety regulations
- Maintaining an inviting customer experience
- Sales and upselling
- Assisting at events
If you are enthusiastic, willing to learn with a 'can-do' attitude then we want to hear from you.
As an apprentice at the University of Birmingham:
- You will get valuable on-the-job experience, working with experienced and professional staff.
- You will receive off-the-job training with an expert training provider.
- You will be assured that the skills you learn are exactly what is needed for your chose career.
- You will be supported as a valuable member of a larger university apprenticeship cohort.
To apply for this post, please complete the application form below and return to email@example.com
Apprentice role description