36 hours per week.
Starting salary of £13,080 per annum - twelve month contract
Closing date: Monday 10th July 2017 - Positions start September 2017
Join the University of Birmingham with this excellent opportunity in Marketing and events.
Based in the Marketing and Communications (Marcomms) team within the College of Medical and Dental Sciences, you will learn to undertake responsibilities for the promotion of our undergraduate and postgraduate courses to meet student recruitment targets. This will include website editing, using social media, advertising, production of marketing materials, and supporting open days and other events.
You will also be involved with raising the profile of our world leading research work, promoting research outcomes that have real life impact for the health and wellbeing of our communities. You will also learn how internal communications across the College operate.
You will join an enthusiastic, hardworking and motivated team delivering creative ideas to support the College’s promotional activity.
Key skills you should achieve in this apprenticeship include:
- Website editing
- Event management skills
- Social media usage for business
- Writing skills for marketing materials
- Advertising skills
- General administration skills
As an apprentice at the University of Birmingham:
- You will get valuable on-the-job experience, working with experienced and professional staff.
- You will receive off the job training with an expert training provider.
- You will be assured that the skills you learn are exactly what is needed for your chosen career.
- You will be supported as a valuable member of a larger University apprenticeship cohort.
To apply for this post, please complete the application form below and return to C.firstname.lastname@example.org
Apprentice role description