Along with the offer letter, you’ll receive details on what you need to do to become an employee of the University.
In brief, you will need to:
- Sign and return a copy of your offer letter signifying your acceptance of the post on the terms and conditions set out in it.
- Provide original evidence that you are legally able to work in the UK
- Provide personal information e.g. next of kin, bank details. This can be done through our on-line e-recruitment systems or on a paper version if you did not apply on-line.
- You will need to attend a ‘joining meeting’ with a named HR Adviser in your first week of work. This is to ensure that we can deal promptly with the administrative side of your employment, including the arrangements for you to be paid and to enable you to access all the University’s facilities.
- Bring to the joining meeting original certificates for any qualifications relevant to the post.
In addition to your local induction which will be carried out by your school/department, your induction is supported by the University by providing an induction website and by running a half day induction event for all new starters.
Once you have started work you will be contacted by HR with an offer of a date for the half day induction. The event gives new employees a general introduction to the University and the chance to meet other employees new to the University.