- ‘Chekhov in Russia’, Guest lecture in series with exhibition by Special Collections at Nottingham 'Chekhoviana. Marketing a foreign classic to British Audiences' 2014
- ‘Sacred Theatre – Delsarte, Chekhov and the search for the eternal type’, conference paper at Drama i Teatr, University of Tver, Russia 2014
- ‘Stanislavski and Science’ Guest Lecture at National Academy of Theater, Oslo 2012
- ‘Drama with People with Learning Disabilities’ presentation and drama workshop at Man Education Art Contact Katowice City Hall Foreign Affairs Conference, Poland 2011
- ‘Futures of Training: the Alexander Technique and acting’ presentation to actor training working group at TAPRA Conference, Kingston University
- ‘Mikhail Chekhov, Tvorcheskaia Individualnost’ i ‘Ya’ aktera’, keynote lecture at conference ‘Metod Mikhaila Chekhova: Akterskoye ‘Ya’ I Khudozhestvennyi Obraz, at Teatr Shkola Dramaticheskogo Iskusstva, Moscow 2010
- ‘Chekhov’s Seagull and Schopenhauer’s Poodle’, guest lecture in Russian Studies seminar series, Department of Russian Studies, Division of European Languages and Cultures, University of Edinburgh 2010
- Citizenship, Theatre and Learning Disability’, paper presented at International Federation for Theatre Research Conference, Washington D.C. July 2005
- ‘Theatre,Learning Disability and the Idea of the Simpleton’, paper presented at British Association of Dramatherapists Conference, September 2005
- ‘The Actor’s Second Nature –Stanislavski and William James’, Modernism and Theatre: New Perspectives, University of Birmingham, April 2007
- 'The Actor's Creativity and the Laboratory', Performing Science Seminar, University of Birmingham, July 2008
- ‘The Actor – an Emotional Machine. A comparison of Michael Chekhov’s method of acting with Stanislavsky’s system and Meyerhold’s Biomechanics’ paper given at CNRS conference, Mikhail Tchekov. Du Théâtre au Cinèma. De Moscou á Hollywood, Paris, 2007
- The Actor’s Creativity and the Laboratory’ Performing Science: Drama, Literature, and History, University of Birmingham ‘Countercultural Art in Russia since Perestroika’ paper presented at Overcoming Dictatorships Conference, University of Birmingham, 2008
- Problematic influences of scientific ideas on movement pedagogy in revolutionary Russia’ paper presented at Conference of Research into Dance, University of Leicester, 2009
- ‘Science, Censorship and Theatrical Performance in Russia’, paper presented at Federation for Theatre Research Conference, Lisbon, 2009
I am undergraduate plagiarism officer for the School of English, Drama and American and Canadian Studies and examinations officer and visiting lecturer co-ordinator in the Department.
I am an external examiner for the MA in Performance and Culture, Goldsmith’s, University of London.
I am a member of Editorial Boards of New Theatre Quarterly and Stanislavsky Studies. I am a book reviewer for New Theatre Quarterly, Modern Drama, Modern Language Review, Times Higher Educational Supplement anda reader for Routledge, Methuen, Cambridge University Press.