I have responsibilities of teaching on the insessional programmes, and for the running of the 20-Week presessional programme which starts in April each year and ends just before the new academic year.
- MA Applied Linguistics
- RSA Diploma TEFLA
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
I have been working as a teacher of English since 1990, having taught in Spain, Syria and the United Arab Emirates. I began working at the University of Birmingham on the EAP Presessional Programme in 2004.
I teach or have taught the following programmes:
- International Foundation
- Visiting Scholars
- Insessional, including classes for small group language development, grammar, vocabulary, academic writing, English for Economics, English for Engineering, and Erasmus students
I also offer 1 to 1 tutorials.
I am also involved in:
- Materials and assessment development
- Teacher training and assessment moderation
- Sessional teacher recruitment
- Teacher assistant recruitment and training