Heat Powered Absorption and Adsorption Refrigeration Systems
- Cooling for Medical Applications
- Cooling of Electronic Devices
- Solar Energy Systems (Thermal and Electrical)
- Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer in Micro channels
- Two-Phase Heat Transfer of Environment Friendly Refrigerants
- Enhancement of Heat Transfer
Current Research Projects
Optimization of Silica gel/water Adsorption water chiller, funded by EPSRC Industrial Case Award in collaboration with Weatherite Manufacturing Plc.
- Water cooled concentrated Photo Voltaic (PV) cells for combined heat and power applications, funded by EPSRC Industrial Case Award in collaboration with LGC-Skyrota.
- Boiling heat transfer inside helical coils of small diameter tubes, ORS Scholarship
- Single phase heat transfer inside micro tubes, funded by a scholarship from the Libyan government.
- Cooling the Forearm for Alleviating Intention Tremor of MS Patients, self funded student.
Completed Research Projects
EHD enhancement of R123 condensation heat transfer- optimization of electrode system (September 1997 – 2001), Funded by an award from the Nuffield Foundation
Condensation heat transfer inside micro-finned tubes of R134a (February 1999 to September 2004). Funded by a scholarship from the Libyan government and support from Wolverine tube manufacturer
EHD Enhancement of condensation heat transfer- correlation of heat transfer coefficient for condensation outside tubes. (July 2001- July 2004) Funded by a scholarship from the Saudi Arabian government.
Solar powered combined vapor compression and vapor absorption cooling system for domestic air conditioning (September 2003 to 2008), Funded by Jamaica Petroleum Company.
Pressure drop and heat transfer performance of tube in foam heat exchanger, funded by Midland Aerospace Agency and Serck Aviation, 2007-2008