I am a lecturer in the Department of Philosophy. My teaching and research relates to global issues in moral and political philosophy.
- PhD, University of Birmingham
I joined the department as a lecturer in 2014, and was a teaching fellow here in 2013/14. Before that I worked as a consultant in industry.
I teach the following courses:
- Prejudice, Race and Gender (3rd year undergraduate)
- Global Bioethics (3rd year undergraduate)
- Applied Ethics (1st year undergraduate)
- Global Ethics II (postgraduate)
I am happy to supervise on most areas of global ethics. I am especially interested in gender justice, bioethics, race justice, relational autonomy, and conflict.
My research interests are mainly in global gender justice, global bioethics, and relational autonomy.
- Women and Violence: The Agency of Victims and Perpetrators (edited with Widdows, H.), Palgrave, forthcoming (2015)
- “Philosophical feminist bioethics: past, present and future” (Marway, H; Widdows, H.), Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics, forthcoming (2015)
- “La gestation pour autrui commerciale: droit et éthique” (Commercial surrogacy: law and ethics), Travail, Genre et Sociétés, Nov. 2012, no. 28, pp. 173-181
- “Scandalous subwomen and sublime superwomen: exploring portrayals of female suicide bombers’ agency”, Journal of Global Ethics, Dec. 2011, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 221-240
- “Female suicide bombers and autonomy” in Women and Violence: The Agency of Victims and Perpetrators in Widdows, H., Marway, H. (eds.) Palgrave, forthcoming (2015)
- “Introduction” in Women and Violence: The Agency of Victims and Perpetrators in Widdows, H., Marway, H. (eds.) Palgrave, forthcoming (2015)
- “Commodification of human tissue” (Marway, H.; Johnson, S-L.; Widdows, H.), in H.A.M.J. ten Have, B. Gordijn (eds.) (2014) Compendium and Atlas of Global Bioethics, pp. 581-598
- “Book review: Contemporary Feminist Theory and Activism: Six Global Issues (by W.L. Lee)”, Journal of Applied Philosophy, Nov. 2010, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 427–429.