I'm a Lecturer in Philosophy. My research is primarily in philosophy of language, ethics, and metaethics.
- PhD in Philosophy (University of Michigan, 2013)
- MA in Philosophy (University of Michigan, 2010),
- BA in Philosophy (Wheaton College, 2008)
I completed my PhD at the University of Michigan. My dissertation was on the meaning of normative language and how incorporating insights from philosophy of language and linguistics can illuminate classic questions in normative and metanormative theory.
I'm happy to supervise or co-supervise graduate students in philosophy of language, ethics, and metaethics.
- Normative language
- "Truth-Conditions and the Meanings of Ethical Terms". Forthcoming in R. Shafer-Landau (Ed.), Oxford Studies in Metaethics, Vol. 8.
- "Evidence-Sensitivity in Weak Necessity Deontic Modals". Forthcoming in the Journal of Philosophical Logic.
- "Ethics and Values" (with Peter Railton). Forthcoming in the International Encyclopedia for the Social and Behavioral Sciences.
- "Modality, Weights, and Inconsistent Premise Sets". 2012. In A. Chereches (Ed.), Semantics and Linguistic Theory (SALT) 22, pp. 43–64.
- "Review of R. Shafer-Landau (Ed.), Oxford Studies in Metaethics, Vol. 6. 2012". Ethics 122(3): pp. 622–627