10. A new mechanism of atomic manipulation: Bond-selective molecular dissociation via thermally activated electron attachment,
S. Sakulsermsuk, P.A. Sloan and R.E. Palmer, ACS Nano 4 7344-7348 (2010). See also "Physisorbed molecules take the heat", In Nano, ACS Nano 4 7040 (2010).
9. Nonlocal desorption of chlorobenzene molecules from the Si(111)-7x7 surface by charge injection from the tip of a scanning tunneling microscope: Remote control of atomic manipulation,
P.A. Sloan, S. Sakulsermsuk and R.E. Palmer, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105 048301 (2010). See also “Electron 'submarines' help push atoms around”, E.S. Reich, New Scientist, 31 July 2010, p. 11.
8. Acoustic plasmon of the Au(111) surface, S.J. Park and R.E. Palmer, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105 016801 (2010).
7. Counting the atoms in supported, monolayer-protected gold clusters, Z.W. Wang, O. Toikkanen, F. Yin, Z.Y. Li, B.M. Quinn and R.E. Palmer, JACS (Communications) 132 2854 (2010).
6. Bright beaches STM-Induced Charge Re-immigration inof nanoscale potassium islands on graphite in STM imaging, F. Yin, J. Akola, P. Koskinen, M. Manninen and R. E. Palmer, Phys. Rev. Lett. 102 106102 (2009).
5. Weighing supported nanoparticles: size-selected clusters as mass standards in nanometrology, N.P. Young, Z.Y. Li, Y. Chen, S. Palomba, M. Di Vece and R.E. Palmer, Phys. Rev. Lett. 101 246103 (2008).
See also “Nanoparticles: Gold standard”, Research Highlights, Nature Nanotechnology 4 76 (2009).
4. High-resolution detection of Au catalyst atoms in Si nanowires, J.E. Allen, E.R. Hemesath, D.E. Perea, J.L. Lensch-Falk, Z.Y. Li, F. Yin, M.H. Gass, P. Wang, A.L. Bleloch, R.E. Palmer and L. Lauhon,
Nature Nanotechnology 3 168-173 (2008).
3. Three-dimensional atomic-scale structure of size-selected gold nanoclusters, Z.Y. Li, N.P. Young, M. Di Vece, R.E. Palmer, A.L. Bleloch, B.C. Curley, R.L. Johnston, J. Jiang, J. Yuan, Nature 451 46-48 (2008).
2. Two-electron dissociation of single molecules by atomic manipulation at room temperature, P.A. Sloan and R.E. Palmer, Nature 434 367 (2005).
1. Nanostructured surfaces from size-selected clusters, R.E. Palmer, S. Pratontep and H.G. Boyen, Nature Materials 2 443 (2003).