Teacher, 'Why do we eat what we eat?' masterclass "The talk was very informative and the students who I accompanied all found it very inspiring"
- Are you a teacher in a state school or college?
- Do you work with year 8-13 learners?
- Are you looking for opportunities for your widening participation cohort to experience learning is a Russell Group institution?
- Do you want to ease your learners' transition between sixth form and university level learning?
- Would you like your learners to learn how their current post-16 studies are developed at university, or discover new subjects they may be interested in studying?
If so then the University of Birmingham Wednesday Masterclasses have something for you. Classes are designed to stimulate enquiry and broaden knowledge of the subject area covered.
We run over 40 sessions per year; some relate closely to the school curriculum; others are broader and introduce new topics found in higher education study. It will give your students the opportunity to take part in a learning experience within a higher education setting.
Please note that whilst there is no charge for masterclass places, terms and conditions do apply - please refer to the online brochure for full terms and conditions.
Online Booking Form
Please ensure you have completed all mandatory boxes before clicking submit. If you are booking as an individual student, please use your school's address not your home address.
Please note that if you do not complete all mandatory boxes, the form will not submit. Please be aware that you will be sent an automated email response to confirm that your booking request has submitted correctly.
Schools and Colleges should expect to hear by email whether their request has been successful by the following dates:
- October Masterclasses, - Schools and Colleges should expect to hear from 21st September 2015.
- November onwards Masterclasses – Applications that are received by 25th September 2015 will be processed from 4th October 2015.
Please note that booking requests that are submitted after 25th September 2015, will be responded to within one working week.
If you need to contact the masterclass team, please email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. If your query is urgent, please call Jane Patel on 0121 414 8489 or Ambreen Rashid on 0121 414 8332.