Third year module
The module examines the evolution of the brand and assesses the significance of this method of marketing. Basic criteria are developed for the description and analysis of brand performance across the marketing domain. The nature of brand strategies is explore and cases illustrate the diversity of methods to achieve common goals and the variety of objectives too. Aspects of brand management for manufacturers, retailers and services providers demonstrate the comprehensive reach of the brand perspective in modern marketing.
On completion of the module the student should be able to:
- Appreciate the role of the brand in modern marketing;
- Assess the differentiating factors between brands;
- Recognise the unique challenges of brand management;
- Conceive and apply brand strategies to emerging products and services;
- Understand the resourcing of brands;
- Evaluate brand performance.
Assessed jointly with 07 10638: One 3hr written examination (75%) Individual assignment - 120 word report on new brand strategy (10%) Group assignment - presentation on brand success (15%)